The YES course is specifically designed to empower students with tools for life to help them tackle emotional or stressful concerns when they arise through simple, easy to apply techniques that enhance both physical and mental relaxation, focus and stability.
This course aims to help students deliver a maturity beyond formative education that is invaluable in today’s society. Learning to manage oneself mindfully in situations influences student’s current and future ability to cope well under any kind of pressure.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
- The anatomy, assembly and practice of a strong, safe, hour long yoga practice (in 11 bite size sequences)
- A meditation technique & how to engage with the subtleties of the practice
- Relaxing deep breath work exercises to calm and focus the mind
- Enhanced relaxation exercises: how to rejuvenate mind and body Mindfulness: Keys to managing emotions, stress, challenge and change
- Healthy behaviours and how to engage with them
- The course instills a quality of confidence with one’s physicality and stretches student’s perception of their physical and mental limitations.
STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE:
- A ‘getting off on the right foot’ starter pack including mat, strap, block and pedagogic materials
- Weekly tuition with a qualified YES teacher
- An app that can be downloaded on any device: including 11 sequences and many further techniques
- An 8 chapter digitally interactive e-manual
- Bi termly grading system, with emphasis placed on targeting areas of the students’ strengths to practice safely and with awareness.
THE BENEFITS: HAPPINESS AS A KEY TO SUCCESS
Students in our education system currently have intense demands placed on them, creating a unique environment where stresses and fears can inhibit progress rather than enhance it. Young adults are often looking to excel yet often it is at the expense of foundational internal inquiry and emotional stability at a key stage of personal and physical development. Studies have shown that a regular yoga and meditation practice creates a more joyful disposition, even in the face of adversity, when compared to a control group who are not practicing.
- IMPROVES MOOD AND SENSE OF FULFILLMENT
- INCREASES FOCUS AND EFFICIENCY
- RELIEVES ANXIETY AND TENSION
- CALMS THE MIND AND RELAXES THE BODY
- MODERATES REACTIVE STRESS RESPONSES
- CREATES STRUCTURE FOR DISCIPLINE
- ENCOURAGES CARE FOR SELF AND OTHERS
- ENHANCES POSITIVE BODY/SELF AWARENESS
- IMPROVES PHYSICAL FITNESS
- ENCOURAGES INTERNAL ENQUIRY
- PROVIDES COPING TOOLS IN CHALLENGING TIMES
- PROVIDES A FORUM TO EXPLORE AND CHALLENGE PERCEIVED LIMITATIONS AND FEARS
- PHYSICAL BENEFITS TO MUSCULAR, DIGESTIVE, LYMPHATIC, ENDOCRINE, RESPIRATORY AND NERVOUS SYSTEMS